Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dick Cheney

This is not a political blog. I do not do political blogs. Vice President Cheney is not the topic of this post, though I would relish the chance to see him demolished in  a  wrestling ring.

This Dick Cheney was a professional wrestler, but I have been able to find out very little about him aside from the fact he was active in the late 1950s and early 1960s, seeing action in Arizona and California.

There are results showing him appearing on cards in Los Angeles and other California locations, including  matches with the likes of Gorgeous George and Dick Trout.

In Arizona, he was not a regular, but appeared in Yuma, Phoenix, Prescott and Tucson from time to time.

Cheney was matched a handful of times with Don Kent. Tucson served as a setting of some of their confrontations, with Kent coming out ahead. 

I would really relish the thought of the more famous Dick Cheney from our time getting tromped regally by Kent or Gorgeous George, but such is not the case. I would buy a front row ticket for such.

This, however, is not the reality of things.

The Dick Cheney who wrestled would obviously have been a different person, but I know little else about  him. I don't even have a clue what he looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment