Thursday, April 28, 2011

Meet Danny Drake

In the 1950s and 1960s, George Drake was a popular draw in Arizona, though for some unexplained reason he decided to take his own life. Decades have  passed since that time and sadly, he has faded from the memory of many historians.

Enter a new Drake who is no relation to the one noted above,  but heading to Arizona as well.

Meet Danny Drake, who started out in West Virginia, but is heading west. He plans to be in Tempe by summer, which might not be the wisest time to arrive, yet he is on his way.

"I hate the snow," Drake commented. "That's why I am moving out of the east and heading elsewhere. California, Arizona and the Mexican border all have wrestling and  plan to get in on it. I am sure I will do better there than I have in West Virginia as in that area everybody and his brother is or thinks he is a wrestler  or promoter. Too many outfits running and too few good ones. Plus the behavior of some of these guys tends to be so unprofessional it is mind-blowing in the Ohio/West Virginia area. . I want to go elsewhere and do some lucha style."

Good luck on your relocation, Danny.

No comments:

Post a Comment