Friday, June 10, 2011

Canadian Interlude

When I was in college I would work as a wrestling manager in Arizona from September through Maya nd then head outward for the summer, usually to my native Ohio. In 1984 or so, I also ended up doing some trips to Canada. I had known Luis Martinez when I was a kid in the stands, watching him in action in Arizona, but prior to 1984 had never worked with him. At the time, he and a guy named Scrap-iron Scranton were running small towns outside of Toronto and I will keen to go there for him.

So along wroth a carload of others, we made the trip to Canada, only to find our guarantee was in dollars...but Canadian and not American!

Thus we lost a quarter on every dollar when we converted it to US dollars.

The next trip I decided to beat the system.

I had all my Canadian money converted into Canadian quarters.

I then got some coin rolls, got some $200 in US quarters from a bank and started mixing up the rolls.

I was passing rolls of Canadian/American coins all over Ohio and Arizona for the duration of the summer, but at least  I am the one who didn't get shortchanged a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment