Saturday, March 26, 2011

See Me In Alliance

If you live in Ohio, you can see me as of this writing on the first and third Saturday of every month in Alliance, Ohio. Since MCW has run here for almost two years, it is not likely they will be moving any time soon. Info at http://www.mcwpro.com

Keep in mind they run an adult show, kind of like ECW. Things are not like they once were.

At least in some respects.

While I have had to change with the times and adapt along with the nature of wrestling itself, I cannot help but  think I am one of the last of my kind. While I have become modernized, there is still enough of the old style left to reflect on an era that has slowly passed away.

At age 52, I have survived most of the trails and outlasted most of my associates.

Mike Contreras, Spike Cantillo, Bubba Storm, Thrillseeker, Mamba, Donna Day, The Lumberjacks, John Ringer, Enigma, Jody Arnold, Luis Martinez, Eli Hernandez, Bobby Jaggers, Cowboy Bob Ellis  and others  have retired.

Even worse, people I knew like Eddie Sullivan, Fred Blassie, Lou Albano, The Grand Wizard, Baron Scicluna, Barry Bernsten, Bob Yuma, Bill Berger, Mike Gordon, Lou Thesz, Tona Tomah,  Penny Banner, Rip Tyler, Louie Spicolli, Stephen De Leon, Jerry Graham, Bob Sallee, La Fiera, Dream Machine, Oliver Humperdink,  Mike Shaw, Victoria Vulcan, Moolah, Jimmy Banks, Navajo Frank, Buddy Rose and others are all dead.

There are some others out there who are older than me and active either as wrestlers or managers, but not many.

I may not be the last of my kind, but I feel like I am cutting it pretty close.

Come see an old goat in action while you still can.

The link to the MCW page provides updates on cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment